In June 2013 I wrapped up my graduate studies at Ooligan Press, PSU’s student-run publishing house, earning a multidisciplinary degree that includes design, marketing, editing, and project management. As a member of the Design and Sustainable Production team I worked on book cover and interior designs, press collateral, marketing SWAG, production-related tasks, building Ooligan’s Green Press Initiative certification into the workflow, and maintaining overall best industry practices. I joined the editing team as needed to help with manuscript copyedits, marketing copy, and proofing of inter-press communications. I also worked as a project manager for Ooligan Classics, an imprint designed to bring classic literature into the 21st century for today’s undergrads.
From 2005 to 2010 I had the pleasure of working with a print broker designing catalogs for the Willamette Valley’s wholesale nursery industry. I also produced customizable announcements, holiday cards, and other printed collateral working in the art department at a digital print house in Oregon City.
I started in print production and design in 2001, working pre-press, bindery, and customer service at a couple local print shops.
My skills and experience include:
- Catalog, book, and other publication layout, design, and production in InDesign
- Vector-based artwork development in Illustrator
- Digital image optimization, restoration, and manipulation in Photoshop
- Development and implementation of digital and print marketing campaigns
- Copywriting, editing, and proofreading
- Digital asset management and print production
- Other specialized print publication services as needed
I hold an AAS in graphic design from PCC, a BS in arts and letters, and an MS in writing with a concentration on book publishing—both from PSU.
I’ve recently settled in Yamhill County after living in Portland for about 25 years. I bring with me my passion for photoshop tutorials and InDesign layouts, as well as my penchant for found-object and folk art as I set up studio on the edge of McMinnville’s Granary District.